Monday, August 25, 2008

Mid life crisis

Hi gang

I'm having a mid life crisis - well, not one that includes buying fast cars, or leaving my wife for a younger woman....

I've finally realised what a great place the world actually is!

And am learning that each and everyone of us has something good to contribute to society, regardless of what it is.

And that people, the world over, are generally kind and good to one another.

And that, if you put yourself out there, you'll find that you can connect with all these good people, and lights come on in your life.

It does happen!

I admit - I don't get out much. A lot of my time is spent in front of the computer. But that time has allowed me to earn money doing what I enjoy - writing computer software.

I used to do a lot of that, but time has taken its toll. I'm not as fast as I once was, and there are other people who are coming up with stuff that just blows me away.

But the essence of that is this: while all these new things are very cool from a developers point of view, they don't make a blip on the radar of the very people who could benefit from this new stuff.

So, given my interest in trying to help other small businesses to at least survive (given these tough economic times) let alone grow, it gives me a chance to learn all I can about what is out there in cyberland, understand it, learn it and implement it.

Then, I can start promoting and selling these new things to other small businesses, at a reasonable cost - to them, and because I haven't had to spend my time developing new stuff, for me also.

Its a win-win situation, and one which I am really looking forward to.

So this is my mid life crisis - finally having the understanding about what I can offer the world, but how to go about it!

I am so excited by the possibilities, but it also drives me to distraction!
What to focus on first? What to learn, to give back to others?

I am in crisis, but I will get through it.

What about you? Where are you in life? Is there something positive you can show the world? If so, take the chance. You only live once - as someone famous once said - "Life is not a rehearsal" - forget the naysayers and dreamstealers.

Get out there and do it!

Here's to your success - in everything you do!

No comments: