Sunday, July 27, 2008

Something to learn from our younger people....

Hi folks

Today I want to give some accolades to my step-daughter Georgia.

I have lived with Georgia since she was 11 - her mother (my wife Desley) and I met in 1999. We married in 2000, and Georgia was obviously living at home with her mum. Then I moved in as the "step-father" - well, as often happens we had a tumultuous relationship.

Well, enough of all that - Georgia has just grown and grown as a person and as a strong business woman. At just 20 years old, she has started her own business, and earns more than her mother and I combined.

http://www.georgiaclare.com.au

This current link goes to her recruitment agency page, but she has her hair extensions business too, but I can't find her hair extensions business website.

No matter - Georgia is just 20 years old, and she just gets out there and doesn't let *anyone* stand in her way of being successful! For someone in this day and age, I congratulate her, and wish I had her vision and passion and commitment.

We can all do this - we just need to let go of old preconceptions. Georgia just doesn't know how to fail - it isn't a word in her vocabulary.

If you get a chance, visit her website and send her a message.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bonjour Brad!

What a touching story...with such a beautiful outcome. Love conquers all, doesn't it? And you must have given plenty to make your relationship with Georgia work out. BRAVO!

And thanks so much for the "plug" and for linking back to my site. I'm going to have a Skype call with my web designer very soon...must ask her to install the link widget on my blog. I'm such a non-tech person :-)

Big hugs always,
Mudd a.k.a. Oza
xoxo

Anonymous said...

I thought it was going to be some boring old post, but it really compensated for my time. I will post a link to this page on my blog.I am sure my visitors will find that very useful.
joomla extensions